Be the first to know
Selling Your Property?
Request a Free valuation
View properties we
Contact The Team
Burton Fleming, Near Driffield
- Distinctive Wesleyan Methodist Church
- Full Planning Consent for Conversion to a Three Bedroom Dwelling
- With Garden & Off Street Parking
- Great Potential
- Wolds Village Location
Built in 1883, St Johns Methodist Church is a substantial building of striking architectural design, constructed of a mixture of red and yellow brick in a Romanesque style and described by Nikolaus Pevsner as 'non-conformist architecture at its boldest'.
Malton based architects, Stone + Associates have successfully obtained full planning consent for an intuitive open-plan scheme which takes full advantage of the buildings best attributes and creating a spectacular residence with accommodation arranged over two floors.
The approved design would provide around 186sq.m of living space with entrance hall, cloakroom, dramatic open-plan living spaces zoned into living space, study space, dining space, kitchen and snug. The master bedroom is located on the ground floor with en-suite shower room; a newly created mezzanine level would accommodate a balcony area, two more double bedrooms and a house bathroom.
Approval has been given for the demolition of a later extension adjoining to the rear which would enable the creation of a walled courtyard garden, which is something of a rarity for this type of building. The land along the southern boundary has been approved for a driveway.
Burton Fleming is a traditional Yorkshire Wolds village located approximately 11 miles north of Driffield, 12 miles south of Scarborough and 21 miles east of Malton. St Johns is located on Front Street and faces west.